Monday, August 9, 2010

Harvest Life Gracefully: Communication

Harvest Life Gracefully: Communication by Jane Jonas

Being able to communicate in a positive way is needed, when you harvest life gracefully.

As most of you know I am a survivor of abuse. Abuse has caused me not to trust. The abuse caused negative thinking. When someone said or did something that I did not like, I would think that they were out to get me.

In order for me to calm the fear of "they are out to get me" I needed to learn to express to the person how I felt about what they had said or done, and then I ask for clarification of what was meant by it. I soon realize most people were amazed that I interpreted the words or actions as I did. Then I would realize that my fear was groundless. But how would I know if I didn't express myself? This is a way to build trust.

Lets us remember to ask our higher power for the courage to ask for clarification instead of sitting in our fear. Sitting in fear is not the way to harvest life gracefully.
Haiti 468x60