Friday, August 6, 2010

Harvest Life Gracefully: The opposite of fear is faith

Harvest Life Gracefully: The opposite of fear is faith by Jane Jonas

One of the steps to harvest life gracefully is to examine your life, as I was examining my life I notice whenever I made bad or unhealthy choices in my life the main emotion I was feeling was fear. I am assuming that this is true for most people, would you not agree?

The problem with fear is, it stops us from enjoying life and the people in our lives. Often times I believe we act out of fear because we are afraid that our experiences from the past will recur so we will do things trying to control the future. Allowing to have fear control you is like being weight down with a ball and chain attached to your body. Fear prevents peace of mind and serenity. To harvest life gracefully is learning to replace fear with faith. Remember this faith is action. Lets practice letting go of behaviors and habits that we clung to whenever handling fearful situations.

2 comments:

MillyJ said...

AMEN! Great post! Thank you for that, needed this.
2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind".
~ Be Blessed

Jane Jonas said...

Thanks! I am glad my post meant something to you!

Haiti 468x60