Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Harvest Life Gracefully: Self-Acceptance & Strenghts

Harvest Life Gracefully: Self-Acceptance and Strenghts by Jane Jonas

I discover to harvest life gracefully I need to concentrate and focus on my strenghts.

I believe for those of us who has grown up in a dysfunctional family or who has been abused and bullied usually develop an overwhelming sense of something is wrong with ourselves. If I allow this belief to control who I am then I will become withdrawn, and it will lead to feeling powerless and helpless. To overcome this insanity is self-acceptance. For me, self-acceptance is to honesty recognize my shortcomings and defects as well as all of my good points. Only by accepting and using my positive qualities will I be able to develop the strength to reduce defects in my character.

Have you ever heard this statement?

"What I am is God's gift to me. What I make of myself is my gift to God."

I like it very much because it help me to focus on how I want to grow as a person.

No comments:

Haiti 468x60